InvestSolomons (formerly the Foreign Investment Division) is a Division within the Ministry of Commerce Industries Labour and Immigration (MCILI). It is the Solomon Islands Government’s (SIG) Investment Promotion Agency (IPA). The Division believes in private sector growth driven by private businesses and therefore, is very aware of the importance of Foreign Direct Investment to Solomon Islands’ economy.
Objectives of InvestSolomons
The key objectives of InvestSolomons are:
- To promote Solomon Islands as a destination that is conducive to investment activities.
- To collaborate with other government agencies and stakeholders to increase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- To provide up to date investor information through a professional and efficient registry system and data of foreign investors.
- To identify potential investment opportunities and help establish investment projects in the country.
- To help foreign investors successfully establish their investment projects in Solomon Islands’ key sectors of investment.
Other key activities:
- We assess and approve foreign investment applications in accordance with our foreign investment laws.
- We also provide an aftercare role, assisting foreign investors in compliance with the terms of their registration.
- Through this website, foreign investors are now able to complete their foreign investment applications online, as well as follow up annual surveys.