Why set up a community company?
What are the objectives of having community companies in Solomon Islands?
- To provide communities with a simple and cheap way to incorporate and operate.
- To provide clear obligations so the way the community company operates is well understood.
- To protect the communities through regular reporting of activities to the community.
- To give better certainty for third parties who want to do business with the community companies such as lenders, investors and other businesses.
- To protect and grow the community assets for current and future members.