I have a certificate – what next?

After you have obtained your Foreign Investment approval, you will need to consider other permits and approvals you may require.  The following is not an exhaustive list, and you should seek your own advice to ensure your business is fully compliant with Solomon Islands law:

  • Incorporate a company on this website
  • Obtain your tax identification number from Inland Revenue Division
  • Obtain work permits from the Commissioner of Labour
  • Obtain Residence Permits from the Director of Immigration
  • Obtain a business licence from Honiara City Council, and any provincial councils where you will operate business
  • Obtain any other specialised licenses or permits, such as fisheries, mining, liquor, transport etc.

InvestSolomons can help guide you through these processes to ensure your business is able to start up efficiently.