The government of Solomon Islands considers the private sector to be the engine for economic growth and development. InvestSolomons and other government departments will facilitate foreign investments which have the following features:
- strengthen the technical and marketing expertise of the private sector
- maximise the use of local raw materials through different stages of production
- promoting export and import substitutes
- creating employment for and training of Solomon Islanders
- transfer and integrate knowledge and technology into the economy
- have a vision for a long term investment in the country.