I have a foreign investment registration, what do I have to do?

If you have a foreign investment registration, we will need some extra details from you to complete the online registration, as only core details were able to be brought online.

Your current certificate has not lost its validity as a result of the new register, and details will progressively be included in the register.

In the meantime, we’d love your help to complete the register.

We suggest you start by searching for it on the register.

  • You simply click on “ONLINE SERVICES” => then Foreign Investment  => then Search for a Foreign Investment.
  • Enter the name or number of your foreign investment registration and click search.
  • Once you have found your registration, click on it to reveal a detailed view.

What about missing details?

For the first 12 months, it is free to update details on the register.

  • Check the General Details, Addresses and Owners tabs are correct.
  • Certain details such as email address may be missing. Please complete them.

How do I complete missing details?

  • Under the title of your business name it will say “If you want to maintain this investment you need to be logged in and have authority over the investment”.
  • This means you must “log in”. To do this you first need to register your account. Do this by clicking the top right corner of the screen “Login/Register” and complete the details so you have an account.  If you already have an account from Company Haus, then please use those details.
  • Now you’re logged in, go back to your foreign investment registration.
  • Under the business name there will be a line “To maintain this investment you must request authority by clicking here

How do I request authority?

  • You either declare you are an Owner of the Foreign Investment, then the registry staff will check if this is correct, and will then grant you authority.
  • OR you declare you are an agent for them, and you must upload a letter of authorisation from the owner of the Foreign Investment.

Now I have authority, what do I do?

  • Go back to your foreign investment, and you will see a grey button “Maintain Foreign Investment”. Click on it.
  • Then choose “Change to Registration (No Fee)”
  • From there, you will be asked to fill in certain details.
    • General Details: choose existing Solomon Islands Company, and complete the name of the company associated with your foreign investment. This will link the records.  Otherwise, choose Partnership (for example, a law firm), or other and specify the legal entity you have registered.
    • Investors: Please complete missing contact details of investors by clicking “Edit Investor”. Choose the current date as the effective date. Click “Edit Representative” to update their details.
    • Business Activities: update your business activities descriptions here. If you have a copy of the business plan, please replace the “Placeholder” document with it.
    • Employment and Investment: you do not need to update this information.  The information from your original application will be kept on the old physical file.
    • Declare and Submit the details for review.
    • Now go to your registration and click “Maintain Foreign Investment” and “Change Registration Details“. Click on Business Activities and choose your main business sector.
    • Then we suggest you look at your existing certificate with its activity codes. You need to choose the Activity Division and Activity Class for each activity listed on your certificate.
    • Operating Locations: You will also need to include any operating locations of your businesses.
    • Declare and submit your application for review.

Now you are up to date!

*Don’t forget, by the end of February every year you must complete and submit your Annual Survey to Invest Solomons. You will not be able to complete the survey until your other details have been updated.*

*You must also notify Invest Solomons of any changes, easily done through the registry, within 25 days of the change.*